Our tiny team of outdoor advocates is hiring a social media intern to help support our consulting and client work, as well as Outdoor Advocacy Project’s own social media platforms. We’re seeking a social media savvy advocate who is interested in the intersections of the outdoor, environmental, and communications spaces.
Social Media Intern Job Responsibilities:
- Scheduling of content on various social media accounts using Hootsuite.
- Support the team brainstorm campaign and project ideas.
- Analytics tracking and reporting.
- Monitor and engage social media comments and community.
- Support newsletter and email development using MailChimp.
- Graphic design support using Canva.
- Track and manage projects.
- Help us get outdoorists stoked on learning and taking action.
Social Media Intern Qualifications / Skills:
- You are: detail-oriented, quick-witted, fluent in gifs, excited to nerd out on political issues.
- Proficient in social media platforms including but not limited to:
- Experienced with these platforms:
- Hootsuite* (highest priority)
- Interested in outdoor advocacy, environmentalism, politics, community-based marketing.
Compensation: $15/hour, approximately 5-10 hours per week. Please let us know if you are interested in receiving university credit for this internship.
Apply by sending your resume, LinkedIn profile (optional), and a brief introduction to why you want to work with Outdoor Advocacy Project, your experience with Hootsuite, Canva and/or MailChimp, and what areas of outdoor advocacy you’re most fired up about to email@example.com. Applications accepted through August 3rd.
Note: Most of our team is located in Salt Lake City, UT, and while we’d love to have a local intern who can join us for iced coffee and afternoon hikes (once such activities are sanctioned again), finding the right candidate is our priority. Remote applicants welcome!